The Bahamas American Football Federation (BAFF) became a member of the Pan-American Federation of American Football (PAFAF) and IFAF in 2008. The PAFAF has transitioned to be the IFAF Americas Federation for the region.
BAFF utilizes empowerment model programs that allow for all its Affiliates to establish and maintain the resources and support necessary to sustain their grassroots community-based initiatives.
BAFF provides guidance and initiatives to assist its Affiliates in establishing, building and sustaining community coalitions to support its Affiliates to actively participate in positive development programs in their respective communities and throughout the country.
BAFF continues to work to develop and sustain the sport on nine islands in the Bahamas with current focus on six islands: Abaco, Berry Islands, Bimini, Exuma, Grand Bahama and New Providence. The Federation also conducts college tours, camps, combines and competition opportunities for its members as well as coach/official trainings and clinics to further develop the sport in the Bahamas.
BAFF Key Objectives:
- Ensure that all BAFF Affiliates are in compliance with IFAF and BAFF constitutional requirements as well as BAFF four (4) primary programmatic thrusts:
* Personal development;
* Social development;
* Educational/career development; and
* Spiritual development
- Empower persons of influence to serve as sport coaches, mentors, counselors and program supporters by providing training opportunities, resources and technical support;
- Examine, evaluate and educate program participants, families, and program stakeholders on areas of public health concerns and issues;
- Apply positive youth development through sport model to effect social change and produce outcomes that will lead to successful completion of secondary education and increased attendance and successful matriculation during post-secondary education; and
- Build community support coalitions to strengthen, create and maintain networks of support for the programs.
BAFF is open for any individual to participate. BAFF is organized and operated democratically and without any racial, religious, political or gender discrimination.
Federation: Bahamas American Football Federation (BAFF)
Bahamas American Football Federation
P.O. Box F-41055
Freeport, Grand Bahamas